Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
Difficulty level: C2 / advanced
The Cambridge Proficiency exam is the hardest of the Cambridge exams.
Who is it for?
Do this test if you really love English. If you pass this test your English is good enough for you to teach English to others. Your English will be good enough to study at any British university. Over 45,000 people in more than 80 countries take the CPE exam each year.
What is the CPE test like?
The test has five sections:
- Reading - 4 parts, 90 minutes
- Composition - 2 tasks, 2 hours
- Use of English - 90 minutes
- Listening - 3 or 4 recordings, 40 minutes
- Interview - normally with another candidate, 15 minutes
A, B, C (pass), D, E or U (fail)
C2. Super advanced. Click here to see a table comparing CPE with other exams.
Where do I take the test?
At a test centre.
When can I take the test?
Arrange with your closest test centre. The test can only be taken twice a year, in June and December.